It is no mystery; California is shoe melting hot during the hottest days of summer. Air conditioning and a well insulated home is not a desire but more a necessity. Yet, now more than ever, Californians need to watch our water and energy usage. With the heat ahead, it is a great time to take a thorough check of some basic changes we can make inside our homes.
Our state bear has come down from the flag to talk to us about managing our water and energy use. See him in action.
- Using low-flow showerheads
- Playing fun family games at night by candlelight
- Using advanced smart strips to stop standby power
- Installing smart thermostats and home energy monitors
- Replacing inefficient light bulbs with energy saving bulbs